Thursday 11 December 2014

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Hello everybody! Ok, so I know I haven't been posting in a few weeks and I do have my reasons. Granted, they are not the most amazing reasons but whatever. Firstly, I'd like to apologise but I've been under a lot of pressure at work and I also received some family news which meant all of my time has been invested either into my work or family.
BUT I AM BACK! Now, let's get started on the post shall we?
December is by far the most wonderful time of the year. I mean everything is just better, cosier and so much more enjoyable. I am a big winter lover, I hate summer but love winter which is why December is just that little more enjoyable for me. Super dark early nights, the cold and of course Christmas! Now, being super organised I've already done my Christmas shopping so I got to spend pay day trawling the shops with Martin completely and utterly spoiling myself (which I think was well deserved to be honest).
Once the spoiling was out of the way it was time to head to the Manchester German Christmas Markets with my mum, dad, sister and Martin. Now, I am not one for crowds and tend to avoid any place at peak times because it can often cause panic attacks. I've been to the markets a couple of times but always when it has been too busy and I just haven't enjoyed myself. For this reason my family, myself and Martin decided it was best to go together on a week night. And honestly, I had the best time. Everything was just so cosy.
We spent all night at the markets. And I do mean all night. The first thing we did was find a food stand (of course we did, we're not called Chunks for no reason in my house). After that we moved on to yet another food stall where myself and my sister bought a cake which was delicious and just so cute looking! Then finally, it was on to Albert Square where everybody warmed up with a rum porter,apart from myself who went for a hot vimto (dark alcohol is one hell of a no go for me!) and my mum had some form of alcoholic hot drink with cinammon, ginger and all kinds of other wintery flavours. Beautiful!
Then it was back to food for my mum, dad, sister and Martin (seriously, terrible fatties). After they all devoured a German sausage (I laughed at that sentence, oh yes I'm that immature) it was time to head back to the car (not before we walked into practically every pub we passed for yet another drink). After spending the night under the gaze of Zippy who was lit up so brightly, I've never been more happy to spend such a cosy night out with my family.
I know this hasn't been my usual kind of post but after everything that has been happening lately this has just been a nice post to get me back into the habbit of blogging again. I hope you are all well and enjoying this time of the year as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment