Thursday 11 December 2014

Let It Glow

 So today I'm talking all things that glow. Ok, so maybe not all things that glow, just two things really which are the Topshop Glow Highlighters. If you're already fed up of me saying the word glow this is going to be one long post for you. Sorry!
Now I am a big fan of highlighters and I've tried a fair few in my time. The only trouble I have is finding something that is some what natural without looking either too shiny (example: Benefit High Beam) or glittery (example: Sleek Contour Palette Highlighter). After hearing such good things about the Topshop makeup range I decided for my first venture into their line I would try their cream highlighters in a pot called Glow and picked up both shades in Gleam and Polished.
My first impression of the product was good. I mean for the price the packaging feels of a high quality. (I'm not sure if it is glass but I'm going to say that it is) the glass packaging is sturdy and doesn't feel like something that is going to break easily which is great for clutzes like me. The product itself is just- I don't actually know where to begin. Both Gleam and Polished are creamy textures which are so easy to work with. I simply dab my finger into the pot and then blend it onto the tops of my cheekbones to add a subtle, sheer, non glittery glow. It is so easy to see why Topshop have called this product Glow because that is exactly what it does to your skin. You glow after applying this.
The main thing that I like about this product is that it is not glittery for one and can still be seen after you have set your makeup with a powder. Another reason I can't get enough of this is that I don't feel like it needs touching up half way through the day (which is perfect if you too are lazy and hate touch ups). And if you need yet another reason to convince you of the wonderfulness of this product a little goes a long way; it is so pigmented that a small dab on each side of the face is enough to add that subtle glow. Both shades are beautiful but I have to say I have been dipping into Gleam a little more this month as it is a more golden tone which I prefer for Autumn/Winter as it pairs really well with that darker makeup look. I think that both of these highlighters are great for all skin tones and I couldn't recommend them enough. If you are looking for a highlighter that isn't going to break the bank, give this a try as it is only £9.00 and by far my favourite highlighter I've tried.
So my question to you now is what else is worth trying from the Topshop beauty range?

No comments:

Post a Comment