Monday 17 November 2014

Blitzed Blemishes

Ok, so you won't know but I actually have really dry skin which is a bit of a nightmare (I do have a post coming up about a product that is wonderful for dry skin but today is not the day to get into that subject) but I have one other major issue when it comes to my skin. If you haven't already guessed it from my non funny post title that I thought was pure genius, I'll let you in on the problem now... Blemishes. Yes, we've all had them. Yes, we all end up attacking our face to pop the damn things and make our face ten times worse. But not all of us have a sudden case of acne across their chin resulting in 10 spots in one area at once with more appearing during the day.
Oh yes, you heard me right. This actually happened to me. I don't know why and it certainly wasn't a one time thing. I'd been dealing with an overly spotty chin for at least a month before I broke down and decided I couldn't deal with it anymore. That's when I spoke to a friend who works at Clinique who recommended this Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel. With the promise that it would help clear up my sudden spurt of acne I snapped up a bottle and added it into my skincare routine right away.
Fast forward to the next morning and everyone from my boyfriend, to my mum, to people at work noticing how much better my skin was looking I was unbelievably impressed. Fast forward again to a week later and my chin was practically blemish free. So, what did I do? To put it as bluntly as I can, and this may come as a shock to you if you're reading this post, I used the Clinique Clearing Gel. How about that? Anyway, enough with the sarcasm. On a serious note, all I did was apply a small amount (about a pea size) of this gel across the whole of my chin each night after I had moisturised. The feel of it is, bizarre? It feels like those see through masks you used to use when you were thirteen at sleepovers, the ones where you had to peel it off and half of it would get stuck in your eyebrows. You know the ones! Well, when it's drying it feels like that. Give it another two minutes and it's like nothing is there.
The one thing that you do need to be aware of, this stuff stings. And I mean stings like nothing you're expecting. But, it does the job. Now I'm not saying that this has helped clear up my sudden acne all together, I'm still suffering from the odd breakout but this has certainly helped keep the mass breakout I've been having under control and preventing it from spreading. I have now adopted the Clinique Clearing Gel into my skincare family and use it every night. It is recommended that you use it twice  day but I find that applying makeup above the spot gel makes the area look a little dry.
Do you have any recommendations for blitzing blemishes?

1 comment:

  1. sounds pretty great! thank you for sharing!
    i'm following you on bloglovin'. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!




    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete